The Luxurious and Affordable Alternative to Traditional Private Air Transportation.

PIAGGIO P180

The Piaggio P180 Avanti is marketed as being faster than other turboprops and many mid-sized jets, while being up to 40% more fuel efficient than market-competing jets.  The Avanti is an Italian twin-engine turbopropaircraft produced by Piaggio Aero. It seats up to nine passengers in a pressurized cabin, and may be flown by one or two pilots. The design uses a small forward wing and a main wing combination that places the wing spars outside of the passenger cabin area. Although the front wing resembles a canard configuration, a conventional horizontal stabilizer on the tail provides longitudinal stability and pitch trim. It features a lifting laminar flow fuselage and has engines in a pusher configuration.

Piaggio claims that the fuselage design contributes up to 20% of the Avanti's total lift, with the front and rear wing providing the remaining 80%. Due to the unusual fuselage shape, the mid cabin is considerably wider than the cockpit. The front and rear airfoils are custom sections designed by Dr. Jerry Gregorek of Ohio State University's Aeronautical and Astronautical Research Laboratory to achieve a drag-reducing 50% laminar flow at cruise. The company claims the overall design of the P180 Avanti II enables the wing to be 34% smaller than on conventional aircraft. 

Performance
Takeoff Distance (50 ft obstacle) 3235 ft
Max Cruise Speed 378 ktas
Range with 45 Minute Reserve 1425 nm
Landing Distance (50 ft obstacle) 3282 ft
Engine
Manufacturer Pratt & Whitney Canada
Model PT6A-66
Horsepower 850
Design Weights & Loading
 Maximum Gross Weight 12,100 lbs
Empty Weight 8,080 lbs
Maximum Payload 1,540 lbs
Fuel Capacity 333 gal
Dimensions
Length 47 ft 3 in
Height 13 ft 1 in
Wingspan 46 ft
Cabin Height 68,9 ft
Cabin Width 72.84 in
Entry Width 24 in
Entry Height 53.16 in
Baggage Space Entry 44.15 cu ft, Door 2.3 ft wide x 1.97 ft high

Fill out the form below to receive aircraft pricing.


 

First Name
Last Name
Email
Phone
Plane (s) You Are Interested In
 CIRRUS SR20-G2
 CIRRUS SR22 GTS PERSPECTIVE
 PIPER MERIDIAN
 PILATUS PC-12 NG
 BEECHCRAFT KING AIR
 BEECHCRAFT PREMIER 1A
 CIRRUS VISION JET
 PIAGGIO P180
Program (s) You Are Interested In
 Equity
 Lease
 Rental
 Charter
 Pilot Services
 Flight Training
Comments


All Aircraft.
< >
  • Stay on top of what's happening at Planesmart
TOP